Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tanzania
It’s not just early admission to the Ngorongoro Crater that has us excited about this lodge, but the rustic tents and inviting ambience, too.
Lemala Ngorongoro Tented Camp is a fantastic choice for those hoping to explore the incredible Ngorongoro Crater. Set a little further back from the crater’s rim, the camp is secluded and tranquil, yet still provides easy access to Ngorongoro.
We love that the camp offers early admission to the crater – this is the only accommodation where you’ll be able to explore the crater’s floor an hour before anyone else, skipping the queues as staff will have taken care of the paperwork the night before. You’ll even get to stay longer too, and the dusky light later in the day offers beautiful lighting for your photos.
The tented camp itself has nine rustic and spacious tents, all with two double beds and wooden floors. It can get quite cold near the crater, but the camp feels cosy and warm thanks to the thick winter bedding, hot water bottles, and toasty gas heaters.
We love Lemala Ngorongoro’s unbeatable location and serene, rural vibe, and it’s our favourite camp for visiting the impressive crater.
Children over 6 welcome, and the Lemala Cubs offer a variety of kid’s clubs activities.
Open all year round.
- Tents include two double beds
- Full board food and drinks
- WiFi in main areas
- Tailored game drives in a 4x4 purpose built safari vehicle
- Lemala Cubs – a kid’s club with cultural activities including bush walking, archery, and finding animal tracks
- Easy as 1, 2, 3 offer – stay two nights and get your third night free
- No single supplement (excluding July and August)
- First child aged 6-16 stay for free
Luxury Tented Camp
This camp can be booked as a single safari or as part of a tailor-made holiday with or without flights. Per person per night prices from £695 / $905 / €795