Garden Route, South Africa
With its heritage features and mountain vistas, this luxury country house is a timeless celebration of the Karoo Desert. Perched on edge of the Oudtshoorn, it evokes the atmosphere of a 19th-century homestead, with wooden beams, roaring fireplaces and sprawling gardens. You’re immersed in the ambience of yesteryear, staying in a timeless expression of history.
While Rosenhof is indelibly old-world, recent refurbishments have brought the luxurious rooms into the 21st century. Families and couples should consider the executive suites, which have private swimming pools and are 100 metres from the rest of the main house. The views over the Swartberg Mountain from the suites’ private patios will stay with you for eternity.
The 12 classic rooms are memorable for their space and style, with wooden fittings and antique furniture. Each is uniquely decorated with paintings from renowned South African artists. They’re just a few steps from rose-scented gardens and ideally situated for Oudtshoorn’s various attractions.
We love how Rosenhof makes the Oudtshoorn experience. This unique town is famous for its ostriches and caves, while being home to a desert history that compels and inspires. Rosenhof is the place to relax after your activities, as well as being a gateway into Oudtshoorn’s captivating past.
21 October 2019 – 30 April 2020 & 01 October 2020 – 30 April 2021
- Stay 4 Nights and Pay for 3 Nights
- Stay 3 Nights and receive a Complimentary Five Course Dinner for 2
01 May 2020 – 30 September 2020
- Stay 3 Nights and Pay for 2 Nights
- Stay 2 Nights and receive a Complimentary Five Course Dinner for 2
- Two executive suites with private swimming pools; 12 classic rooms with fireplaces and antique furniture
- On-site sauna, spa, gym and beauty clinic
- Inclusive breakfast in the old-world breakfast room
- Large swimming pool and manicured gardens
- On-site a la carte restaurant
Open all year round, children of all ages are welcome.
This lodge can be booked as a single safari or as part of a tailor-made holiday with or without flights. Per person per night prices from £95 / $125 / €105