Lake Naivasha, Kenya
Exquisitely positioned on the banks of Lake Naivasha, Chui Lodge offers a serene getaway from the world. The animals of Oserian Wildlife Sanctuary roam freely through the grounds and there’s a permanent sense of exclusivity. Between Nairobi and Nakuru, this lodge providing a very relaxing immersion in nature, one that neatly complements Kenya’s more famous destinations.
The accommodation is sublime and each of the cottages is built elegantly using natural materials. Tree trunks curl into the roof and it’s all laid out to maximise the bounty of the Great Rift Valley. Buffalo, Aardvark and Honey Badgers are amongst our favourites here.
All stays include day and night-time game drives in the private wildlife sanctuary with the lodges guides. We think this is one of the most tranquil ways to discover Kenya’s wildlife; giraffe, oryx, gazelle, impala, and then the astonishing sight of a white rhino. Hippos fill the lake and you’ll see far more than you could possibly count; it’s great watching them from the lodge’s swimming pool.
That being said, Chui Lodge isn’t a typical safari destination. It’s more focused on providing a place to unwind amidst luxury. You’ll love the opulence of the accommodation and the privacy that’s afforded by the lodge and the surrounding conservancy. We think it’s ideal for a one or two-night interlude during a longer safari holiday.
- Five superior cottages plus three deluxe cottages; all are exceptionally appointed and can accommodate an extra bed
- Full board food and drink (Soft drinks, bottled water, local beers and house wines)
- WiFi in main area
- Game drives in a 4x4 purpose built safari vehicle in the exclusive Oserian Wildlife Sanctuary
- Night drives in the exclusive Oserian Wildlife Sanctuary
- Boat trips on Lake Navaisha and game drives in Hells Gate National Park
- Visit to Flower farm
- Day trip to Nakuru (1.5 hour drive) and the Aberdares (2 hour drive)
Open all year round, children over 2 welcome.
This lodge can be booked as part of a tailor-made safari, with or without flights. Per person per night prices from £275 / €315 / $355